HOUSTON – October 3, 2018 – From OilComm 2018, Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL), a leading provider of wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging applications and locations, today announced significant enhancements and additions to its iLTE™ product family, the company’s Private LTE Infrastructure solution. This comprehensive product suite, built upon the 3GPP LTE mobility standard supports an extensive range of features. The products have also been deployed in mixed LTE vendor environments and demonstrated the ability to interoperate with other vendors. iLTE™ has also been used to connect industrial and commercial handsets, mobile routers and IoT devices in demanding environments such as offshore Oil & Gas and underground mining operations.
Harbor Research’s paper “The Private LTE Opportunity for Industrial and Commercial IoT” estimates that there are more than 14.5 million sites globally in which private LTE networks could be deployed. These include military bases and warehouses, hospitals, power generation companies, industrial and manufacturing facilities and Oil & Gas and mining operations. Service Providers (WISP’s), working to bridge the digital divide, are in addition to this number.
“We are in a unique position in the market with our comprehensive LTE offering. Redline’s complete private LTE infrastructure solution includes a full complement of hardware, software and Advanced Services helping our customers and partners build an easily manageable wireless infrastructure,” stated Robert Williams, Redline’s CEO. “This is a very exciting time for the company as we see industrial verticals including Oil & Gas, Mining, Electrical Utilities and Transportation looking to migrate from legacy networks to dedicated private LTE in order to deliver enterprise services. On the Service Provider side, this solution offers a very compelling ROI for specialized industrial or rural Service Providers focused on the digital divide.”
Redline iLTE™ customer Ted Bajno, from Baffinland Iron Mines Corp stated, “Redline worked with us to understand our needs and delivered a standards-based solution to fit our requirements and could stand up to the harsh climate of the high Arctic. Redline offered the entire end-to-end solution, which simplified and streamlined the whole deployment process. We put our faith in Redline at the outset, and a year later, with the network deployed, they fully delivered on their promise and have been with us every step of the way. The network is running beautifully, and we continue to work with this team expanding our network.”
The Redline comprehensive iLTE™ solution encompasses the following Redline products and services:
- RedlineFlexCore™ – Virtualized EPC Core that can be deployed in all architectures: Centralized, Distributed, Synchronized HSS as well as Embedded. FlexCore™ can be deployed on-premise or in the Cloud.
- Redline FlexTalk™ – Virtualized Industrial Push-to-Talk application can also be virtualized and installed across all iOS and Android platforms operating on private iLTE™ or on any public network globally. FlexTalk™ can be deployed on-premise or in the Cloud.
- Redline FlexNet™ – Virtualized Network Management Umbrella System to help customers and partners properly manage and operate LTEsolutions. FlexNet™ can be deployed on-premise or in the Cloud.
- RDL-6000™ – An industrial eNodeB platform for private Industrial LTE applications in extreme environments, such as offshore Oil & Gas and Mining operations.
- Redline Patriot™ – Advanced eNodeB platform, available for the new CBRS band becoming available in the U.S. The Patriot™ delivers capabilities such as carrier aggregation and integrated multi-beam antenna for these networks.
- Redline Rover™ – The industry’s only true fixed or mobile UE solution for extended range and capacity at the far edge of the LTE coverage map. The Rover™ enables customers to extend high-capacity range from any tower, hence saving millions of dollars in unnecessary edge tower infrastructure. The Rover becomes particularly valuable in environments where additional tower infrastructure cannot be economically constructed.
- Redline LTE Advanced Services – Includes a suite of Advanced Services delivering carrier grade planning, architecture, design and deployment engineering, as well as optimization, performance analysis and operations services. These services are critical to customers and partners to ensure successful projects.
“With the strong focus on fit-for-purpose for private LTE networks, and the commitment to the 3GPP standards, Redline’s iLTE™ is the industry’s most comprehensive offering to address private LTE networks for industrial and specialty service providers,” said Rod Cronin, VP Product Management & Integration at Redline. “iLTE is the platform private network builders need for today’s demanding times and the solid foundation to evolve from Private 4G LTE to Private 5G LTE, when the time comes,” said Cronin.
About Redline Communications
Redline Communications (TSX:RDL) designs and manufactures powerful wide-area wireless networks for mission-critical applications in challenging locations. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies onshore and offshore, Mining companies on surface and underground operations, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by specialized telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Thousands of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver ruggedized, secure and reliable networks for their IoT, voice, data and video communications needs.
For more information visit www.rdlcom.com.
For further information, contact:
Senior VP, Business Development and Marketing
+1 (905) 479-8344
+1 (416) 657-2400