Test Automation Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Solutions and Support Engineering Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the development and expansion of Redline’s automated white-box testing capabilities. The successful applicant will take on a key role in Redline’s software development and release processes.
- Develop and oversee the execution of automated software test plans for Redline’s 4G and 5G Core and RAN products
- Develop and document Redline’s test procedures and best practices
- Integrate test automation systems with build management and CI/CD processes in order to speed product updates and releases and ensure quality
- Identify and report bugs or issues with hardware and/or embedded firmware
- Work with the rest of the Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure we deliver quality products to our industrial customers
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on our test automation platform for internal team members
- Minimum 3 years’ scripting experience using LabVIEW, Visual Basic, TCL, Python, Shell, and other common automation languages
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with C and C++ programming programing languages
- Knowledge and experience with embedded systems and the execution of tests on said systems
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall development cycles
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in utilisation of RF data collection tools/equipment: Spectrum analyser, RF scanners, CW transmitters, Cable testers etc.
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols (e.g. Wireshark packet capture)
- Ability to articulate complex issues or requirements into a clear and concise format
- Experience translating Product Requirements Documents into test plans with explicit pass criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to [email protected] with “Test Automation Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.