Technical Project Manager – Contract (16-18 Months) – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of Redline’s Project Management group. The individual will lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver wireless infrastructure planning and deployment projects for Redline’s critical infrastructure industry customers. Working closely with the Customer’s technology team, the individual will translate customer needs and technology requirements into detailed project plans that ensure successful achievement of project objectives.
- Lead customer-facing and internal development projects across the complete project lifecycle, from project initiation to project closing.
- Develop communication channels and engage stakeholders early on. Maintain communication in a structured, efficient, effective, and context-aware manner throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proactively manage and coordinate project staff, including Redline’s strategic partners and sub-contractors, with the aim, and effort, to always exceed customer expectations.
- Aggressively negotiate with internal groups and partners for resource allocation. Manage resources in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
- Act as the project risk management leader. Lead the project team (Redline, partner/sub-contractor, customer) in identifying and prioritizing risks, developing and executing risk mitigation strategies, and capturing & documenting lessons learned, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Lead project change management. Create and negotiate change requests. Implement project changes and interventions to achieve project objectives.
- Provide project evaluations and assessment of results.
- When needed, share technical responsibilities with the project’s solution architect.
- Mentor junior personnel, internal and partner, to continuously improve project delivery quality and capability.
- Other tasks as identified by Vice President of the Professional Services group.
- PMI/ PMP certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Proficient in project management techniques and tools used in IT or Technology industry such as Agile
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management as well as wireless networks
- Minimum of 2 years, but ideally 5+ years, in a Project Management role or related field
- Critical skills including: problem solving, decision-making, communication, team building, risk and change management, and conflict management
- Wireless or Telecommunications Industry experience in a customer-facing position
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 10% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills
- Thinks and acts rationally, with empathy
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Technical Project Manager – Contract” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.