Senior Project Manager
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Professional Services across all stages of system lifecycle. The Company has invested in its Professional Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline lifecycle management-based solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Professional Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with customers and partners, across project and system lifecycle, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that is passionate about developing, delivering, and supporting truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions for critical infrastructure industries
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the growth of Redline’s business based on successful delivery of higher complexity projects to critical industry customers in the region. The individual will report to the Vice President – Product Management & Sales Engineering. The Senior Project Manager will lead cross-functional and cross-regional teams in adoption of a project and system lifecycle-based approach for successful delivery of Redline’s reliability and durability promise. The individual will also facilitate development and implementation of new processes to improve operational efficiency of the sales and support engineering organization.
- Develop strong relationships with Redline’s leadership team and assist in aligning regional operations with corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead customer-facing and internal development projects across the complete project lifecycle, and beyond, including managing customer expectations post project execution, where customer support agreements are in place.
- Develop communication channels and engage project stakeholders early on. Maintain communication in a structured, efficient, effective, and context-aware manner throughout the project lifecycle and customer support contracts.
- Proactively manage and coordinate project staff, including Redline’s strategic partners and sub-contractors, with the aim, and effort, to always exceed customer expectations.
- Aggressively negotiate with internal groups and partners for resource allocation. Manage resources in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
- Act as the project risk management leader. Lead the project team (Redline, partner/sub-contractor, customer) in identifying and prioritizing risks, developing and executing risk mitigation strategies, and capturing & documenting lessons learned, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Lead project change management. Create and negotiate change requests. Implement project changes and interventions to achieve project objectives.
- Gather, consolidate, and communicate regional product needs to product/engineering teams in Canada and Romania.
- Mentor junior personnel, internal and partner, to continuously improve project delivery quality and capability.
- Other tasks as identified by Vice President – Sales and Support Engineering
- Master of Business Administration with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Proficient in system-lifecycle management of telecommunications networks
- Proficient in project management techniques and tools used in IT or Technology industry
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management as well as wireless networks
- Minimum of 12 years, but ideally 15+ years, in Business Development, Engineering Management or Project Management role or related field.
- Must have the ability to find a path forward through ambiguity.
- Must-have skills: problem solving, decision analysis, communication, team building, risk management, change management, and conflict management.
- Wireless or Telecommunications Industry experience in a customer-facing position.
- Industry recognized project management certification (PMI, Agile etc.) is mandatory.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of working in two or more industries.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 10% of the time.
- Is an ice-breaking self-starter, able to lead global, virtual teams.
- Must be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Must have strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right the first time.
- Must have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills.
- Thinks and acts rationally, with empathy.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband industrial wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.