Senior Program Manager – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Engineering Team, who will work closely with the Product Management, Software/Hardware Engineering, and Solution Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be to help drive critical programs within Redline Engineering that ultimately deliver value to our customers. This could include driving strategic programs for product development, long-term R&D grants, internal operational tools, etc. This role centers on our strong belief and need for continuous improvement, agile, and lean thinking.
- Interact with internal teams to define and deliver new technical platforms or complex features
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large complex cross-functional programs
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate program status to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Create program level dashboards and other documentation for executive and working team level reporting
- Drive reporting for government R&D programs such as SR&ED, and IRAP.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and influencing skills
- Ability to influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders to gain alignment on product vision and roadmap
- Highly organized individual with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and mentoring capabilities
- Innovative thinker and an understanding of the needs of a product manufacturing organization
- Passionate self-starter that can adapt and thrive when surrounded by ambiguity
- 10+ years experience leading product development projects with aggressive schedules
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
- Experience developing wireless products and technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
- Feedback of lessons learned and identification of areas for process improvement
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with LTE and/or other wireless technologies
- Experience with Embedded Product Development
- Experience with Atlassian products Jira/Confluence and Microsoft Projects
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required for this role.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification and/or Agile designation is highly recommended
- Professional Engineer in Canada is an asset
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 10% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and adjust as needed to meet agreed schedule dates
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication (oral and written) skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Senior Program Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.