Senior Hardware Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed Senior Hardware Engineers who are interested in a Electrical Hardware Engineering career in the broadband wireless industry. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
- Responsible for all phases of electronics board design from concept to production
- Select components, design schematics, supervise PCB’s layout, and perform bring-up and debugging
- Working with component, PCB fabrication and contract manufacturing vendors
- Developing Test automation scripts
- System and electronics boards level tests and characterization
- Managing compliance and standards certification process
- Preparing design and test documentation and reports
- Working closely with project management and other engineering departments
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in designing high-speed electronic boards
- Strong knowledge of high-speed design and layout techniques
- Experience designing systems based on CPU/GPU based chipsets
- Experience designing ethernet routing and switching platforms based on Broadcom/Marvell chipsets
- Extensive experience working with lab devices and test instruments
- Knowledge of OrCAD schematics and experience working with PCB layout designer
- Understanding of analog and radio frequency technologies, concepts, and implementations.
- Experience working with several programming and scripting languages preferred.
- Experience in designing FPGAs preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Hardware Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.