Senior FPGA Developer
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Redline Communications has a full-time position open for a Senior FPGA Developer. This position is for a highly motivated individual with at least 15 years developing high performance FPGAs and systems.
- FPGA design (primarily in VHDL, nice to have Verilog), Synthesis, Place & Route and running simulations in Modelsim.
- Performing Timing analysis and closure, clock domain crossing (CDC), constraint definitions.
- Designing complex FPGAs for wireless communications.
- Writing architecture/design specification and test reports.
- Selection, evaluation and integration of third-party IP blocks.
- Support hardware/software teams in system level testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support.
- Demonstrate proactive and effective communication.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in developing complex FPGAs/ICs for Wireless/Telecom/Datacom Industries.
- Proficient in designing complex FPGA using VHDL and/or Verilog languages, synthesis tools, logic & timing simulation.
- Familiarity with of Xilinx devices and tools.
- Familiarity with FPGA debugging tools (i.e.: ChipScope, Vivado Logic Analyzer, SignalTap).
- Solid experience with development and version control tools: Jira, Confluence, SVN, GIT.
- In depth knowledge of L2 switching, classification engines and Ethernet traffic management.
- Knowledge of LTE/5GNR signal processing flow is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skill.
- Highly motivated and energetic.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Exposure to electronics measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, multimeters.
Related Educational Programs
- At minimum, a B.Sc degree in Electrical Engineering
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile, and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Senior FPGA Developer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.