Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Software Engineering Department, who will work closely with the Product Management, Hardware Engineering, and Solution Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be analyzing, designing and developing end-to-end technical solutions based on customer specifications and business needs. Working closely with the customer you will translate the customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Be a key contributor to the development of our next generation Redline Wireless solutions and LTE/5G products
- At least 7 years of embedded, real-time Linux development experience
- Expertise in developing embedded multi-threaded C/C++ software
- Experience in developing manageability agents using SNMP, NETCONF, CLI, YANG models
- Good working knowledge of RTOS and device drivers, such as Linux Kernel, U-boot, BSP
- Experience with SVN, Git, other repositories
- Excellent design skills and the ability to translate high-level requirements into working code
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as make, cmake, Buildroot, and Eclipse, and CppUnit
- Experience with IPv4/IPv6 networking and network security fundamentals
- Experience with layer 2 switching and VLANs
- Experience with web technologies and languages
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a passion for clean design, and defect-free development
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team environment
- Should be a fast learner, self-starter, energetic, flexible, positive, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Embedded Software Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.