Security Architect – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Solutions and Support Engineering Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, Software and Hardware Development groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the specification, planning, and implementation of Redline products’ security systems. The successful applicant will take on a key role in Redline’s product management, software development, and new product release processes.
- Work with Product Management and Software Engineering teams to determine Redline products’ security requirements, ensuring they meet our customers’ needs.
- Continued research on Information Security standards. Track and understand emerging security best practices and standards.
- Design and implement Public Key Infrastructures, including the use of Certificate Authorities and digital signatures for both hardware and software products.
- Establish disaster recovery procedures and conducting security breach drills.
- Monitor new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, assess the impact on Redline’s products and lead the mitigation effort if required.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on our security systems and practices, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members.
- Work with the rest of the Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure we deliver high-quality and secure products to our industrial customers.
- Interact with Redline’s partners and customers to explain our products’ security-related capabilities, and to understand their requirements.
- Plan and oversee Redline’s periodic Penetration Testing efforts and Red/Blue/Purple teams.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of authentication technologies, risk management, assessment procedures, and attack pathologies.
- Strong understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in information security and IT risk management.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded Linux and VxWorks systems.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall development cycles.
- Relevant certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Security Architect” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.