RF Planning Engineer
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The RF Planning Engineer will be a key technical member of the RF Design team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the planning and design of wireless networks with an ability to support projects for our global customers and partners.
The ideal candidate will be an engineer who has:
- Proven experience designing and deploying RF networks including LTE
- Proficient use of professional planning tools for RF Planning
- Drive test experience for LTE
- Strong background in radio communications.
- Team player skills and work in a focused collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities with minimal supervision.
- Canadian Citizenship. Occasional domestic and international travel.
- Perform RF network planning with RF Planning tools using engineering principles for different wireless technologies including LTE and OFDM based networks.
- Complete in-field RF propagation verifications, drive tests, coverage and system optimization analysis. Travel to USA and other international customer locations is required.
- Focused on assigned tasks and project delivery deadlines as required for the requests of the customers and partners.
- Communicate effectively with peers, internal departments, partners and customers.
- Create and maintain professional, detailed reports and project documentation.
- Keep current on RF planning methodologies, industry standards and best practices.
- Provide support for international customers, partners and Redline sales teams in local time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline such as Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- years of experience in RF design of LTE data/wireless networks including recent experience in design of resource planning, coverage and capacity performance evaluations.
- Proficient use of professional planning tools such as CelPlan, Atoll, Planet EV, IBWave, for RAN (Macro-Cells, Micro-Cell, In-building) design.
- Excellent knowledge of radio communications principles, antennas, RF propagation, OFDM MIMO systems, radio access techniques, and wireless technologies.
- Drive test experience for LTE, data collection, post-processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of IP networking, LTE core operation and overall network architecture concepts is desirable.
- Previous experience in the deployment, operation and support of wireless networks, drive test collection, drive test post processing, network management systems of wireless data networks is desirable
- Proven analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Good presentation, documentation and time management skills.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.