QA Automation Architect – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of Redline’s Quality Assurance Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Solutions Engineering, Software and Hardware Development groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be to work with key stakeholders in Redline’s engineering group to design our products’ automation frameworks and lead the implementation of our overall test strategy. The successful applicant will take on a key role in Redline’s product roadmap, software development, and new product release processes.
- Lead the implementation of Redline’s broadband fixed wireless, 4G, and 5G product test strategies.
- Develop a strategy to support continued expansion of Redline’s automated regression testing, including web services, core software, and RF performance and stability characterization.
- Support the QA team in the development and optimization of test automation scripts.
- Continuous research and recommendations regarding new tools, techniques, methodologies, and industry best practices.
- Work with the rest of the QA team to assist in the resolution of technical issues in either the test solution or the product.
- Be an active participant in test framework code review sessions with the rest of the QA team.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering Leadership teams to ensure that the capabilities of the QA automation equipment, tools, frameworks, and procedures are in sync with Redline’s product roadmap.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on test automation frameworks, methodologies, and practices. Answer technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members.
- Work with the rest of the Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure we deliver high-quality and secure products to our industrial customers.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded systems and the execution of tests on said systems.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall development cycles.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in developing, expanding, and optimizing automation test frameworks.
- Strong understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security best practices.
- Experience in web-service/API technologies like XML, REST, SOAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in information security and IT risk management.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded Linux and VxWorks systems.
- Proficiency in utilisation of RF data collection tools/equipment: Spectrum analyser, RF scanners, CW transmitters, Cable testers etc.
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols (e.g. Wireshark packet capture).
- Familiarity with 3GPP 4G and 5G protocol stacks and core architectures.
- Ability to articulate complex issues or requirements into a clear and concise format.
- Experience translating Product Requirements Documents into test plans with explicit pass criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile, and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to [email protected] with “QA Automation Architect” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.