Product Line Manager – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is part of the Product team and will work very closely with the Sales and Engineering teams. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be to understand customer problem spaces well enough to recommend what should be developed next for our product portfolio. In order to support revenue growth, the successful applicant will also work closely with Sales and Customer technology teams to translate customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals using currently shipping products.
- Develop and drive roadmap for assigned products, own solution communication towards internal and external customers in the form of FUDD (features under development documentation), solution descriptions, Go To Market deliverables and creation of reference responses for RFP work
- Drive the customer discovery process to continuously validate the ranking of products and features on the product roadmap and feature backlog
- Develop and drive high-level solution designs using the Redline end-to-end products and systems portfolio
- Work with Sales and Support teams to influence customer technical and strategic decisions to create new business opportunities for Redline
- Participate in large, complex and / or key customer solution-selling cases and evaluate new technology solutions to support the RFI/RFP/RFQ processes
- Solve highly complex or novel problems based on sophisticated analytical thought and complex, fact based technical judgment
- Be a subject matter expert for Redline products at a global or regional level
- Develop deep understanding of key technology trends and support the sales and customer teams in complex technical discussions and E2E solutions/architecture presentations to the customers
Required Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of combined work experience in product management, sales engineering/pre-sales, bids and proposals, and / or system engineering.
- Knowledge of products within the wireless industry. Strong technical background in different radio technologies
- Strong, proven track record of managing the customer interface with top customers
- Ability to discuss detailed technical issues with both internal and external customers as well as management
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- You have strong analytical, communication and real time problem solving capability as well as the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of people throughout the company
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and customer intimacy
- Creative ‘out of the box’ thinker and mindset of continuous improvements
- Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently and self-motivated
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with cloud applications, VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Domain knowledge in the Oil & Gas, Mining or Utilities markets strongly preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 30 – 50% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, loves to collaborate to solve problems and works well in team environments
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly coupled with the strong ability to communicate these to other people clearly and concisely
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Product Line Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.