Product Line Manager – Fixed Wireless (FWA) – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Portfolio and Product Management team, who will work closely with the Sales and Engineering teams. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be analyzing, designing and developing end-to-end technical solutions based on customer specifications and business needs. Working closely with the Customer’s technology team you will translate the customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Develop and drive the Redline FWA Roadmap, own the Solution communication towards internal and external customers in form of FUD (features under development documentation), Solution and Architecture descriptions and creation of reference responses for RFP work
- Develop and drive (customer specific architecture) and high-level solution designs using the Redline end-to-end products and systems portfolio
- Keeps permanent contact with selected customer’s CTO and senior architect organizations and supports them in technical, tactical and strategic decisions and,
- Establish trusting relationship with selected customers, C-level technical decision makers, to align on technology needs and roadmaps
- Specify and design effective end-to-end solutions through the high level design to meet customer needs in a market positioning and to support go-to-market prospective with the aim to improves Redline’s competitive positioning
- Provide direction and influence customer technical and strategic decisions to drive for creation of new, and upsell / cross-sell business opportunities for Redline
- Participate in large, complex and / or key customer solution-selling cases and evaluate new technology solutions to support customer teams during RfI/RfP/RfQ processes.
- Solve highly complex or novel problems based on sophisticated analytical thought and complex, fact based technical judgment.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert for Redline’s fixed wireless access solution’s, develop deep understanding of key technology trends and support the sales and customer teams in complex technical discussions, and E2E solutions/architecture presentations to the customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecom, or similar field
- 15+ years of work experience in product management, sales engineering/pre-sales, bids and proposals, and / or system engineering.
- Knowledge of products within the wireless industry. Strong technical background in across different Radio technologies
- Deep understanding of customer processes, customer business cases. Strong, proven track record of managing the customer interface with top customers
- Ability to discuss detailed technical issues with both, internal and external customers as well as management.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required.
- You have strong analytical, communication and real time problem solving capability as wells as the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of people throughout the company
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and customer intimacy.
- Creative ‘out of the box’ thinker and mindset of continuous improvements
- Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently and self-motivated
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 50% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Product Line Manager – Fixed Wireless (FWA)” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.