Power Supply/Analog Senior Design Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Reporting to the Hardware Director, the successful candidate will work closely with hardware senior staff and collaborate with all Engineering teams. His chief responsibility will be designing and developing specific circuits and modules for Redline’s Wireless Fixed and Mobile platforms. Swift and reliable technical solutions and design for manufacturability are key objectives for this role.
- Design and development of power supply circuits up to 200W, including isolated AC-DC and DC-DC converters and associated EMI filters
- Design and development of IEEE 802.3 standard compliant POE injector/extractor circuits
- Collaborate in the design and development of analog/mixed-signal circuits
- Derive specific design requirements from system requirements, develop architecture, completing design, analyses, and testing
- Generate design and validation documentation
- Support system integration through qualification tests coordinating build and test of engineering hardware for functionality and requirements verification
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of systems, digital, RF, mechanical, component and manufacturing engineers
- Specify and analyze ancillary third party products and equipment
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in high frequency power supply design and research
- Experience with various topologies and components used in power supply design
- Experience with IEEE 803.1af/at/bt compliant POE injector/extractor circuits
- Experience with the use of Orcad Cadence and PSPice simulation tools
- Experience with developing Engineering test scrips (Python, Visual Basic, TerraTerm)
- Experience in product safety and EMC requirements (e.g. grounding, etc.)
- Experience in designing and integrating according to the full wireless product specifications
- Experience in electronic packaging (high density SMT, PCB layout techniques, planar transformers, EMI, thermal)
- Hands-on experience in product development activities: bench instrumentation, soldering parts, bread-boarding and testing circuits
- Familiarity with product qualification requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, loves to collaborate to solve problems and works well in team environments
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly coupled with the strong ability to communicate these to other people clearly and concisely
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to [email protected] with “Power Supply/Analog Senior Design Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.