LTE Solution Architect
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 100 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including backhaul, video surveillance, fixed wireless access, industrial IoT, and deployable and supplemental networks. Redline also provides a full suite of Advanced Services, including cell planning, deployment engineer, resident engineer, program management and wireless network performance audit services.
This role is a member of the Advanced Services Team, who will work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Product Development groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be analyzing, designing and developing end-to-end technical solutions based on customer specifications and business needs. Working closely with the Customer’s technology team you will translate the customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Architecting end-to-end LTE based solutions to address customer needs including customer facing presentations, proposal generation, and ongoing customer Q&A.
- Subject-matter expert in solution design of indoor and outdoor LTE systems including LTE RAN, EPC Core and IP network technologies.
- Attend site surveys to scope proposed equipment locations, cable routes, antenna placement, etc.
- Conduct in-depth discussions with customer’s technology team regarding the technology/performance optimization strategy and key challenges.
- Analyze customer’s technology and business requirements and create new technical offerings
- Provide onsite support for LTE trials, POCs and deployments
- Look for creative solutions to reduce cost and increase automation on existing engineering services projects
- Partner with customer’s IT or engineering team on network strategy and best practices
- Analyze customer improvement areas and challenges related to technology and processes
- Monitor at high level delivery and consult on difficult problems
Required Skills and Experience
- Understands routing/switching concepts, related protocols and core networking
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- Hands-on experience using indoor RF planning tools such as iBWave
- Hands-on experience using outdoor RF planning and GIS tools such as CelPlan, EDX, Atoll or Mentum
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, and operation of cellular mobile networks
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 50% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. “Solution Architect” in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.