Lab Test and Certification Technician
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Redline is looking for talented, versatile, and committed Lab Test and Certification Technician. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
- Supports developers in testing and validation of individual modules and products for the wireless telecom industry
- Quickly develops understanding of hardware and software components of the products and how they interact
- Quickly develops knowledge of all functional modes of the products
- Operates complex RF test equipment (Vector Signal Analyzer, Vector Signal Generator) and their specialized software applications targeting modern modulation techniques and technologies: TDD/FDD, OFDM, Bluetooth, Wi-FI, LTE, NB-IoT, 5G NR
- Is familiar with and understands requirements from regulatory standards (FCC, ETSI, ISED, Safety)
- Studies for reference existing product test reports – internal and from certified laboratories
- Develops test plans, conducts DVT and pre-compliance testing under supervision from senior developer and compliance engineer
- Compiles test results and generates reports
- Performs basic troubleshooting
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with RF lab equipment oscilloscopes, power supplies, VNA, VSA, VSG, and other test instruments.
- Experience with using CAD software (Cadence/Allegro preferred) to read and understand electrical schematics and layout artwork
- General knowledge of Digital and RF circuits is a must
- Hands-on experience with miniature surface mount components and assembly
- Ability to perform conducted and radiated RF measurements of wireless products
- Minimum five years’ work experience in RF Telecom industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, detail and solution oriented, task focused, self-motivated and must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving of analog and digital circuits would be an asset
Related Educational Programs
- College Graduate (3 Yr. Electronics Technologist/Technician Program) or equivalent would be preferable
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Lab Test and Certification Technician” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.