Junior Accountant – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The ideal Junior Accountant will act as support in AR, AP, Inventory and preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and schedules. This position will report directly to the Controller and will help in providing relevant, reliable financial intelligence to business decision makers in a timely manner.
- Process AR invoicing
- Process AR cash receipts
- Process AR credit card payments
- Assist in AR collections follow ups
- Handle incoming Letters of Credits and submissions to issuing banks
- Handle performance/guarantee bonds for customers (bonds processed through EDC)
- Process inventory (manufacturer) invoices
- Check inventory receipts and participate in physical inventory counts with operations
- Prepare account reconciliations, schedules and journal entries as part of month/quarter/year end close process
- Journal entries to process include warranty accrual, royalties accruals, rebates & marketing fees accrual, HST & GST journal entries, Romania activity consolidation entry and others as required to assist Finance team
- Prepare month/quarter/year end reconciliations such as AR, deferred revenue/COGS and deferred warranty
- Assist in yearend audit by providing supporting documents and schedules as requested by auditors
- Other ad-hoc projects, tasks, reporting and analysis, as required
Must Have Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance
- Experienced using Microsoft Dynamics GP Accounting system
- Strong technical accounting background
- Very strong Excel skills and ability to create reports in Excel
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work remote with limited supervision given current Covid-19 restrictions
Other Desired Skills
- Willingness to learn and discover creative approaches to problem solving
- Self-motivated, organized, hard-working, and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to strive in a dynamic and challenging work environment
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Junior Accountant” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Direct candidate applications only. No recruiters please.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.