Senior Hardware Digital Design Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Utilities, Military Organizations, and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless networks.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable rugged and reliable voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Director, the successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Hardware Architect and collaborate closely with all Engineering teams. His chief responsibility will be designing and developing specific hardware modules for Redline’s Fixed Wireless Access platform. Swift and reliable technical solutions and design for manufacturability are key objectives for this role.
- Digital and mixed signal board design – detailed schematic level
- Digital simulation
- Assist PCB designer with board layout
- Component and vendor selection and evaluation
- SW support: bootloaders, drivers, test applications
- Participate in prototype bring-up and validation
- Prepare design and Engineering reports
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Prepare documentation for transfer to production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or similar
- Minimum 5 years work experience in technology field. Exposure to telecom and data/wireless technologies is a plus
- Expert in board level high speed digital design and layout planning
- Specific knowledge of clock generation and distribution
- Additional experience in High Speed interfaces and signal integrity (Hyperlynx or similar)
- Working knowledge of power distribution and filtering
- Proficient with Orcad Capture, CIS, Allegro or equivalent tools
- Hands-on experience with Test Equipment, prototype testing and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Mixed-signal board design, Analog or RF exposure
- VHDL RTL for FPGA design and/or verification experience
- Emission management techniques
- Embedded SW Design, Bootloaders, Drivers
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that is passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Hardware Digital Design Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.