Embedded Software Engineer
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The candidate will participate in the development of LTE eNodeB OAM solution.
The candidate will be part of the embedded software engineering team and will work to define, implement, test and troubleshoot new features and functionality and fix issues occurring in the field.
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in embedded software development
- Strong C/C++ and assembly language programming skills
- Model based software development (UML) knowledge
- RTOS based application development experience: VxWorks and/or Linux plus solid understanding of basic RTOS principles
- Network stack/application and/or packet processing development experience
- Experience with wireless systems (3G, WiFi, WiMax, LTE)
- Yang data modeling language and Tail-f ConfD experience
- Strong knowledge on data communication, especially Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Hardware bring-up and integration experience
- Ability to work in distributed development environment
- System level integration experience including open source packages
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work well alone or on a team
- Should be a quick learner, have strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Assembly language experience (ARM, MIPS, other)
- Bootloader/kernel/device drivers development experience
- Experience in hardware bring-up, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Understanding of I2C, UART, SPI, USB TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with modeling environment like IBM Rational Rhapsody
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash, Python
- Experience with building automation tools and managing Continuous Integration pipelines like TeamCity, Ant, XML
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Experience with LTE Self-Organized Networks (SON) would be a huge plus
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.