DSP Algorithm Engineer – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Engineering Team, who will work closely with the Product Management, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be analyzing, designing and developing DSP solutions based on customer specifications and business needs. Working closely with the System Architect you will translate the customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Deep knowledge of Radio Standards (LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR, Wi-Fi), Regulatory, and Carrier Requirements including their implications on overall radio architectures, and RF system design.
- Experience with the systemization (requirements decomposition) of new radio products into lower level design blocks (filters, PA, receiver, transmit chain, antenna). Can perform system analysis and final calculation of specifications (filter rejection, link budgets, power budgets, thermal analysis, interface definition).
- Deep knowledge of developing embedded digital systems incorporating microcontrollers, microprocessors, GPU in C.
- Experience in RF performance criteria and concepts such as EIRP, TRP, TIS, noise figure, sensitivity/desense, phase noise, EVM, spectral mask, spurious, harmonics, intermodulation, s-parameters, Smith charts, and tuning networks.
- Analyze and simulate RF system performance including spur effects, radio coexistence, and cascaded chain analysis for EVM, IP2, IP3, and NF. Contribute to system studies.
- Proven understanding of RF front-end architectures, RF components (power amplifiers, LNAs, switches, filters, etc.), RF device technologies, mmWave technology, and advanced packaging techniques.
- Proven capabilities in analyzing radio RF performance, either with simulations or analytically while supporting radio integration, testing, and performance verification.
- Assist in troubleshooting and solving product issues as required. Contribute to continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes.
- Interface with project management, strategic product management, customer units and internal design (both SW and HW). Provide coordination among various HW and SW design disciplines towards a target system design.
- Mentor/coach more junior members within the Systems or broader PDU Radio development team.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Cellular RF includes direct expertise in transceiver architecture and transceiver circuit design.
- Experience with Embedded Software Development is mandatory.
- Understands routing/switching concepts, related protocols and core networking.
- You will regularly use your strong analytical and interpersonal skills to thrive in a cross functional environment.
- Strong understanding of antenna array theory and associated measurement methods.
- Strong technical writing skills with experience communicating with customers.
- Proven experience in working with Matlab, Xilinx, or Altera based platforms.
- Background in communications theory and digital signal processing is a must.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with FPGA based Digital Signal Processing platforms.
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in radio performance characteristics preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required for this role. Ph.D. is preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 10% of the time.
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area, Waterloo, or Ottawa.
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision.
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right.
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “DSP Algorithm Engineer” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.