Director of Contracts – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Contracts whose main mission will be to prepare, negotiate and review various contracts while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws.
- Review customer requirements, RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s and, working closely with Portfolio Strategy and Execution, Business Development, Operations, Sales and Engineering groups; recommend actions to formulate comprehensive proposals with regard for their practical application and inherent risks,
- Participate and provide valuable inputs during the customer review and negotiation of proposals to ensure contract award or issuance of purchase order.
- Review and approve contracts / purchase orders and amendments to such agreements in conjunction with Finance and other internal corporate stakeholders.
- Administrate and interpret contracts and subcontracts including reporting requirements for Portfolio Strategy and Execution and Finance groups.
- Oversee the non-disclosure agreements across all business areas and business phases
- Coordinate all compliance with Export Controls and responsible business practices regulations
- Interface with customers (internal and external) and subcontractors, understanding their specific needs and concerns and recommending actions to meet these needs and concerns.
- Work closely with internal and external groups in the application and obtaining of necessary governmental permits and related documentation to comply with contractual requirements
- Obtain the assistance of the appropriate Legal advisors, as required
- Manage workflow of all Contract stages and ensure database of final agreements is up-to-date and complete
- Report to, and, whenever necessary, seek guidance from, the Chief Financial Officer
- A Bachelor of Commerce or suitable equivalent and a minimum of two years of pertinent experience in Telecommunications or related Corporate vertical.
- 7-10 years of experience in a technology intensive industry
- Experience in international business, including responsible business practices and Export controls
- Strong communication and written skills in the English language.
- Technical or legal post-secondary education
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills, including a strong understanding of financial concepts.
- Good planning & time management skills
- Good decision-making ability and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Contracts” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.