Commercial Marketing Manager – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role resides in the Marketing Department, and will work very closely with the Sales, Operations and Finance divisions. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be to understand the worldwide markets that we serve, track market trends, and develop pricing strategies that enhance profitability.
- Developing and implementing pricing strategies that enhance profitability
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to closely track movements in costs
- Analyse price change requests from the sales team by evaluating margin impact, potential incremental volume, and competitor price levels
- Track market trends worldwide and keep up to date on prices set by competitors
- Develop and maintain pricing tools such as elasticity of demand calculator and profitability models
- Determines pricing schemes for a Redline’s products and services. This includes co-ordinating with operations and finance to learn how much they cost to make, as well as working with staff in marketing on appropriate campaigns and promotions
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters
- Forecast the company’s sales performance, inventory levels, production speed, and turnaround time of deliverables
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of combined work experience in finance, marketing and/or pricing leadership
- Knowledge of products within the wireless industry
- Strong, proven track record of managing a marketing and/or pricing team with multiple product lines
- Ability to discuss detailed pricing recommendations with both internal stakeholders and management
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong analytical, communication and real-time problem solving capability as well as the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of people throughout the company
- Creative ‘out of the box’ thinking and mindset of continuous improvements
- Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently and self-motivated
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- International experience including the Middle East, Europe, and the United States
- Experience in the Oil & Gas, Mining or Utilities markets preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with completed courses in statistics, marketing, mathematics, finance, accounting, economics, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, loves to collaborate to solve problems and works well in team environments
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly coupled with the strong ability to communicate these to other people clearly and concisely
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to [email protected] with “Commercial Marketing Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.