Build Systems Manager – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Redline is looking for a quality-focused DevOps specialist to work closely with our Engineering and QA teams. In this role, you will be a key player in Redline’s software release cycle, managing the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the company’s engineering support systems.
- Working closely with QA, Software Development, and Hardware Integration teams on designing and monitoring the automated build/integration processes to ensure correct build execution.
- Working with hardware and software teams to facilitate the identification and resolution of build failures.
- Working with the software team to understand and communicate the impact of branches and code merges.
- Coordinating internal and external release notes, known issues, and knowledge base updates
- Ensuring releases have passed all required checks and approvals leading up to production release, and effectively track and communicate approved exceptions to any identified gating issues.
- Maintaining official release records to track release content and history.
- Troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with the software team to streamline code deployment.
- Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Strong project management and communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (e.g. Jenkins and TeamCity)
- Possess expertise in software development methodologies.
- Our ideal candidate can work independently as well as part of a team and possesses a problem-solving attitude.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Have working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Build Systems Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.