Bids and Proposals Manager – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The Bids and Proposals Manager will be part of the Engineering Team, and will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and the broader engineering team in the ‘Bid Team’. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be to lead the Bid Team in producing high quality proposals in support of increasing revenue, market share and client base. The successful applicant will be responsible to manage end-to-end bid process and to deliver a complete bid and in time, coordinating bid related activities within the team assigned to the bid and inter-departmental departmental interfaces involving engineering, procurement, delivery, legal and finance.
- Plan, lead, organise and manage bids and proposals, including for all changes to the contract, including identification of resources, process reporting, development and optimisation.
- Lead the bids and proposal management team, balancing resources against requirement, maintaining a plan of demand versus bid resource availability.
- Develop the plan and execute the plan for proposals for significant opportunities as they arise.
- Identify profitable opportunities to grow revenue.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the Redline customers and other target audience requirements to ensure that needs are being met and proposals meet the audience needs.
- Maintain an awareness of external factors including competitors, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial and business activities which may impact the business.
- Contribute to Redline’s formal reporting to the business and the customers in compliance with Redline’s contractual and business requirements.
- Encourage a culture of good relations and communications with all members of the Redline team and maintain a reputation for responding in a professional and timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- Monitor the performance of bidding activities using key metrics and preparing reports for the Executives, the CEO and the Board. Ensure that all bid management activities meet or improve on budget, order value, revenue and profit targets in line with business objectives.
- Any other task deemed reasonable by the executive team to fulfil the purpose of the role.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Complete understanding of LTE end-to-end, both architecturally and at the component level
- Expertise with 3GPP specifications and end-to-end call flows
- Hands-on experience in deployment, configuration, integration, and troubleshooting of EPC
- Minimum 7 years in a technical services delivery leadership role in a matrixed environment
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead collaboration across functions and organizations. Proven ability to in dealing with business leaders on all levels and to manage in a complex organizational structure
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bids and Proposals Manager” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.