5G Product Architect – Markham, Ontario
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
As part of designing and delivering mission-critical networks, Redline adds to its advanced technology support for its customers and partners by providing Advanced Services in all phases of the life of the network. The Company has invested in its Advanced Services capabilities to ensure that the Redline solution delivers the value that customers and partners have come to expect. The Company’s Advanced Services organization possesses the tools, knowledge, and certifications necessary to work side-by-side with the customers and partners, thereby ensuring exceptional professional value.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
This role is a member of the Engineering Team, who will work closely with the Product Management, Hardware Engineering, and Software Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be analyzing, designing and developing end-to-end technical solutions based on customer specifications and business needs. Working closely with the customer you will translate the customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Architecting end-to-end 5G based solutions to address customer needs including customer facing presentations, proposal generation, and ongoing customer Q&A.
- Monitor at high level delivery and consult on difficult problems.
- Your deep knowledge of Cellular Radio Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR), Regulatory, and Carrier Requirements including their implications on overall radio architectures, and RF system design allows for you to design amazing solutions.
- Experience in RF performance criteria and concepts such as EIRP, TRP, TIS, noise figure, sensitivity/desense, phase noise, EVM, spectral mask, spurious, harmonics, intermodulation, s-parameters, Smith charts, and tuning networks.
- Proven understanding of RF front-end architectures, RF components (power amplifiers, LNAs, switches, filters, etc.), RF device technologies, mmWave technology, and advanced packaging techniques.
- Overall owner for platform architecture in the RAN. Know, communicate and document platform architecture and implementation aims and requirements including those derived from internal IPR, standards, technology norms and best commercial practices.
- Own functional specifications and architecture for Platform software.
- Own that all platform requirements are covered by verification activities and that all verification activities are allocated to designer verification or formal verification teams as appropriate.
- Own sign-off on all software verification for the platform.
- Own the definition of software regression test environments and test cases.
- Know and apply platform, carrier grade and robustness tests and measurement as it relates to platform verification.
Additional Duties May Include
- Evaluate and recommend third-party IP blocks.
- Drive solutions aligned with 3GPP and O-RAN Alliance (O-RAN) specifications for 4G and 5G networks in the open RAN ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely throughout the development process to jointly establish top-level product characteristics, technology selections, performance algorithms, verification techniques, and sign-off of verification results.
- Leader at the center of internal teams and many different external collaboration models ranging from open source design, co-design partnerships, to turn-key OEM sourcing of broadband 4G and 5G RAN products.
- Evaluate and advise on commercial technology, vendor reference designs, third-party IP, and build-versus-buy decisions.
- Guide product definition to efficient and effective solutions with compelling customer value in real network deployments.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Proven record of working on large mobile network systems either as a member of a network equipment manufacturer or as a radio technology provider.
- Background in ORAN and cloud technologies, algorithms and product development and verification; Network infrastructure, OAM standards, Operating systems and IP communications.
- Experienced in Software Functional Specification and Software Requirements Management.
- Experienced in integrating third-party and open source software IP along with understanding of routing/switching concepts, related protocols and core networking.
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications as RAN platforms.
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable development peers and business partners.
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G Radio and/or subsystems architecture, implementation and ecosystem.
- Strong technical writing skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications.
- Experience with Embedded Software Development.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required for this role.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 10% of the time.
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto or Greater Ottawa Areas.
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision.
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right.
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and excellent communication skills.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Please e-mail your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “5G Product Architect” in the subject line. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.