Senior LTE Systems Specialist
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by oil and gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 90 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including high capacity backhaul, video surveillance, data acquisition, enterprise and fixed wireless access.
The Senior LTE Systems Specialist role is a member of the Product Management Team, and works closely with the Systems Engineering, Product Validation, Training, Support and Engineering groups. The successful applicant will have in depth knowledge and understanding of the 3GPP standard as related to LTE 4G in all areas – USIM, UE, eNB, EPC, IMS, PTT.
The successful applicant will be writing and maintaining detailed Product System Descriptions, Product Requirements Documents and Product Roadmaps. As well as assisting on RFI/RFP responses.
- Primary role will be to develop and produce product requirements documents based on 3GPP standards and customer use cases
- Have a deep understanding of target customers’ networks and how to integrate LTE based technology in to those networks to drive product requirements
- Define and document commercial requirements based on customer use cases, competitive analysis, and market trends. In partnership with engineering, prioritize and scope requirements into new product development projects.
- Work closely with key technology partners to understand future impacts and direction to our internal roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the management of new product development programs.
- Provide second level technical product support to sales associates, channel partners, and direct customers to secure new business opportunities.
- Perform benchmarking analysis on competitive products, provide feedback to sales and channel organizations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline is required;
- Experience in WiMAX, 3G and 4G/LTE wireless technologies
- Familiarity with IP/Routing/network architecture
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work closely with the Redline sales team and interact with customers and technology partners at a senior level.
- Experience in interpreting 3GPP standards as they apply to customer use cases
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes in a cross functional, multi-disciplined team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to develop key concepts and execute on them
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org "Senior LTE Systems Specialist" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.