RF Planning Engineer
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL) is a Canadian company incorporated in 1999. The Company develops wireless communications products and solutions for markets that require privately dedicated communications such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecom Service Providers, Military Organizations and Governments. Customers in these markets have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high performance and highly secure communications over extended periods of time.
Redline’s platforms and products create the communication backbone necessary to support enhanced applications and services for its customers. Redline solutions enable reliable and mission-critical voice, data, video, M2M and IoT applications in very remote or hard to reach regions of the world.
For nearly two decades, Redline has demonstrated that its products are among the most powerful, versatile, reliable and secure in the industry. These products are the result of Redline’s engineering strength coupled with its deep understanding of the markets in which it operates and an intimate knowledge of its customers’ needs and challenges.
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
Job Title: RF Planning Engineer
Location: Markham, Ontario
The RF Planning Engineer will be a key technical member of the Cell Planning team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the planning and design of wireless networks with an ability to support projects for our global customers and partners.
The ideal candidate will be an engineer who is:
- Strong experience in wireless technologies and fundamentals of radio communications.
- Team player and work in a focused collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities with minimal supervision.
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
- Focused on assigned tasks and project delivery deadlines as required for the requests of the customers and partners.
- Perform RF planning using established engineering principles for different wireless technologies including LTE and Virtual Fiber in support of all global accounts.
- Communicate effectively with peers, internal departments, partners and customers.
- Complete in-field RF propagation verifications, drive tests, coverage and system optimization analysis.
- Create and maintain professional, detailed reports and project documentation.
- Keep current on RF planning methodologies and best practices.
- Provide support for international customers, partners and Redline sales teams in local time zones.
Minimum Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline such as Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the use of professional RF planning tools for the design of data/wireless networks and optimization, including recent experience in design of LTE resource planning, coverage and capacity performance evaluations. Experience in the use of CelPlan or other indoor/outdoor planning tools will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of radio communications principles, antennas, RF propagation, MIMO systems, radio access techniques, and wireless access technologies.
- Knowledge of IP networking, LTE core operation and overall network architecture concepts is desirable.
- Previous experience in the deployment, operation and support of wireless networks, drive test collection, drive test post processing, network management systems of wireless data networks is an asset.
- Experience in both surface and underground RF network planning and design is desirable
- Proven analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Good presentation, documentation and time management skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.