LTE Solutions Engineer
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by oil and gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 90 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including high capacity backhaul, video surveillance, data acquisition, enterprise and fixed wireless access.
The LTE Solutions Engineer will be part of the Solutions Engineering Team, and works closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the design, staging, installation, and commissioning of Redline’s LTE solution within customers’ networks. The successful applicant will take on the role of subject-matter expert and be heavily involved in intra- and inter-group knowledge transfer.
- Subject-matter expert on End-to-End LTE network architecture and individual components
- Deploy, Configure, Integrate, and Troubleshoot EPC Packet Core (MME, PGW, SGW, PCRF, HSS)
- Participate in/lead knowledge transfer of LTE expertise within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Complete understanding of LTE End-to-End, both architecturally and at the component level
- Expertise with 3GPP specifications, specifically R8/R9/R10 and End-to-End call flows
- Expertise in the following interfaces of the EPC architecture:
S1AP, S11, S3/S4, S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S5/8, Gn/Gp, Gb, Gr, Gx, Sy, Rx
- Hands-on experience in Deployment, Configuration, Integration, and Troubleshooting of EPC
- Hands-on experience with radio technology. Familiarity with the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of wireless connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of IP-related protocols, including Diameter, SIR, RTP, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, DNS
- Familiarity with routing/switching concepts, and related protocols
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, and operation of cellular mobile networks
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Associate-level networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols
- Is willing and able to travel globally up to 50% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "LTE Solutions Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.