Embedded Software Engineer
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interesting in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that is passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The candidate will participate in the development of a new networking/SCADA-based product line.
The candidate will be part of the embedded software engineering team and will work to define, implement, test and troubleshoot new features and functionality and fix issues occurring in the field.
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in embedded software development
- Strong C/C++ and assembly language programming skills
- RTOS based application development experience: VxWorks and/or Linux plus solid understanding of basic RTOS principles
- Network stack/application and/or packet processing development experience
- Strong knowledge on data communication, especially Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Hardware bring-up and integration experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work well alone or on a team
- Should be a quick learner, have strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with wireless systems (3G, WiFi, WiMax, LTE)
- Assembly language experience (ARM, MIPS, other)
- Model based software development (UML)
- Bootloader/kernel/device drivers development experience
- Experience in hardware bring-up, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings
- Understanding of I2C, UART, SPI, USB TCP/IP protocols
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless systems used to cost-effectively deploy distributed applications and services. Redline systems are used by local and state governments to quickly and easily deploy or extend their public safety networks; by oil and gas companies to connect their digital oil fields; by service providers and enterprises to bring dedicated Internet access to business users; and by the military to rapidly deploy secure networks. For more than 10 years, Redline has been delivering powerful, versatile and reliable wireless solutions through certified partners in the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.