Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by oil and gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 90 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including high capacity backhaul, video surveillance, data acquisition, enterprise and fixed wireless access.
This role is a member of the Systems Engineering Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the validation, staging, installation, and commissioning of Redline’s LTE solution and associated technologies. The successful applicant will take on a key role in the staging and deployment of Redline’s systems and solutions before, during, and after deployment to the field.
- Subject-matter expert on End-to-End LTE network architecture and individual components
- Deploy, Configure, Integrate, and Troubleshoot FlexCore EPC and RDL-6000 eNodeBs
- Participate in/lead knowledge transfer of the group’s products and solutions, both within the company as well as to customers and partners
Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience in Deployment, Configuration, Integration, and Troubleshooting of virtualization technologies, primarily VMWare ESXi
- Strong knowledge of IP-related protocols, including Diameter, SIP, RTP, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, DNS
- Familiarity with routing/switching concepts, and related protocols
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, and operation of cellular mobile networks
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Associate-level networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "Deployment Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.